Yesterday we were lucky enough to be invited backstage to the Ryan Roche S/S 2016 fashion show. And after about two minutes, we instantly fell in love with the beauty look. It's elegant, simple and can be easily translated both in the studio and on the street. But how would one create this look?
We caught up with hair stylist James Pecis (who's the sweetest, most humble guy!) and Romy Soleimani, makeup artist extraordinaire, to get the scoop.
By the way, Ryan's inspiration was 90's minimalist, Ballerina Student Between Rehearsals. LOVE!
GET THE LOOK: HAIR
· Prep hair with Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray and rough dry it in. Give the hair a natural and easy center part
· Take a 1" curling iron, bump up the front part of the hair to create more texture and give a natural wave to the hair
· Work Phyto Professional Matte Texturizing Paste through the ends
· Pull the hair back into a low ponytail and roughly twist down to loop the hair into a low knot. To make the hair look as natural as possible, leave out 2 inches toward the end of the twist so it sticks out on the right side.
· Finish by misting Phytolaque Soie Hairspray to keep in place
GET THE LOOK: SKINCARE
· Additional product for addressing specific skincare concerns per model include: Jurlique Purely Age-Defying Firming Face Oil, Jurlique Rose Moisture Replenishing Day Cream, Jurlique Herbal Recovery Advanced Eye Serum, Jurlique Purely Bright Eye Correcting Cream
GET THE LOOK: MAKEUP
· Perfect the skin using bareMinerals Bare Skin Complete Coverage Serum Concealers where needed
· To create this shade of shadow mix the bareMinerals Bare Skin Complete Coverage Serum Concealers in the darkest shades, bareMinerals Liner Shadow in Onyx, bareMinerals Pop of PassionLip Oil-Balm in Rose Passion and bareMinerals Pop of Passion Blush Balm in Natural Passion
· Use a flat brush to blend the mixture and apply onto the lids. Lightly apply under the lower lash line, staying close to the lashes
· Add a little more of the bareMinerals Liner Shadow in Onyx into the mixture and use a flat eyeshadow brush to blend softly onto the base of the top lash line, blending from inner to outer corner and lightly into the outer “v” just before the crease. Also add lightly under the lower lash line
· Press a little more of the bareMinerals Pop of PassionLip Oil-Balm in Rose Passion and bareMinerals Pop of Passion Blush Balm in Natural Passion onto the lid and lightly under lower lash line.
· Finish with a dab of Jurlique Rose Love Balm onto the lids, in the inner corners of the eyes and on the tops of the cheek bones.
The look complements the soft palette of the clothes beautifully. et voila!
All products available at beauty.com