Taylor Swift looks so chic and effortless in this pic. She and bestie Karlie Kloss hit the gym in LA last week rocking this outfit. Always the trendsetter, Taylor was sporting head-to-toe Peggy Moffitt Activewear. And we approve.
Wait. Who? I know of Peggy Moffitt, but some of you may not.... Known for making international headlines in 1964 for her controversial topless "monokini" shot, the asymmetric bowl cut wearing force is no stranger to fashion. Today, we find that Peggy is back in the game making her mark on the Peggy Moffitt Athleisure Brand in conjunction with Los Angeles based Creative Director, Arina Gasanova.
According to the company press release, the line rooted in the philosophy of freedom, form and function, which we can all get behind.
Currently available online at www.peggymoffitt.com, the line is inspired by the 60’s styles modeled by Peggy Moffitt as well as current activewear trends. Peggy Moffitt uses supplex and other hi-tech materials to create garments that absorb sweat, lift and define the body. There are 5 collections within the debut line: Dharma, Freedom, Paris, Grande Prix and Playa.
· Playa: Also referred to as the mesh collection, Playa’s pieces were designed with the beach in mind. Available in black and white, each piece of the collection features mesh detailing and styles that can be worn from day to night.
· Grande Prix: Inspired by Formula 1 racecar drivers, Grande Prix features bold color blocked patterns, body contouring waistbands and styling lines. The collection combines high fashion with practical activewear elements.
· Freedom: The Freedom collection features cuttable black mesh line detail, allowing customers to tailor their yoga pants according to their height or desired hem length. Giving women the option to cut the length of their yoga pants follows the line’s philosophy of freedom, form and function.
· Paris: Unlike the other collections, Paris collection consists solely of luxury tee-shirts. Made of silk modal blends, the Paris tee-shirts were made as a luxury layering piece that can be worn to the gym or running errands.
· Dharma: Our fave thus far. The Dharma collection is defined by its clear mesh lines, that signify the dharma philosophy, or a clear path in life. The collection features structured pieces as well as sharp color blocking reminiscent of Peggy Moffitt’s iconic style.
With athleisure quickly becoming one of the most popular and lucrative industry trends, Moffit and Arina Gasanova, creative director of Peggy Moffitt, decided it was the perfect time to collaborate on a line that celebrates everything Moffitt stands for: freedom of the body.
“Being a part of this collection is a dream come true. Peggy Moffitt was a fashion pioneer and working with her on a new fashion landscape, athleisure, makes it feel like everything has come full circle,” says Gasanova.
e + j